Sep 27, 2013

"Wrecking Ball" Miley Cyrus

I wouldn't blame you if you never read this blog again because of Miley.  Totally understandable, and I kind of hate myself for giving this ridiculousness life, but so be it!  Did Skinnyfit tonight with Matt, who blasts music, and as far as I can tell, has the closest taste in music to my own, because yes...I already know the freaking words to this song I've heard 3x (voluntarily).  It's really fun for me to have crazy music on, even if it's not something I like, because it gives me something else to focus on besides the fact that I feel like I am dying.  Tonight's workout was a doozy.

400m run
100 burpees
400m run
100 wall ball
400m run
100 push ups
400m run
100 sit ups
400m run

40:00 cap

No typos above, except that it was a partner workout!  We both had to do the running (or rowing) and then switch off in different intervals to complete the other tasks.  I went with an 8 lbs ball for wall balls, and I struggled with the pushups.  I worked with a woman named Ashley, who says she used to do Crossfit and then sat on her couch for a year, and is just now getting back into it.  She is still way faster than me.  I ended up being the last one to finish (36:49), but Ashley, Matt, and some others were cheering me on.  Always a plus!  I usually would have psyched myself out, but because someone else was waiting on me, I never really stopped.  And now I ache all over, but I am tremendously happy that I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment