Sep 18, 2013

"Gangsters' Paradise" by Coolio


A classic!  This song is so badass, even after all these years.  This song came out when I was in 3rd grade, I believe.  And I love this song as much as I did as an 8 year old.  Anyways, it was like old school music day at Crossfit.  Today, for only the second time, I did two workouts!

First, WOD:

21-15-9: Shoulder to Overhead (S2OH) and Toes to Bar (TTB) 10 minute cap
I scaled this to do 55 lbs and only knees to chest.  I didn't even finish.  I missed the last 9 reps, but I am really super bad at TTBs.  It's a goal of mine to be able to do them, well.

Did I mention the 800m run and 10 wall walk WARM UP?  Yikes.

After the 21-15-9, then we did 15 split jerks EMOTMx15 minutes.  That's freaking hard.  I couldn't max out, or even reach my last PR (105 lbs).  But I worked with Empho, and she was really encouraging and positive. 

Then, for some reason, I decided to stay for Skinnyfit, which was:

Tabata Russian KB swings
Tabata Jump Rope
Tabata Med Ball Thrusters
Tabata Sit Ups

Followed by 10 min AMRAP of 200m partner runs

Matt had us work outside and I like Tabata because I don't have to think about reps or endurance.  You just push as hard as you can for 20 sec at a time.  I had some trouble with my instep with the jump roping (Asian flat feet are a buzzkill to Crossfit, sometimes).  When I came home, I rolled my feet on a frozen lacrosse ball, and they seem to have calmed down.  The Tabata was hard, but it's only 16 minutes total, just a tough 16 minutes.  Elizabeth stayed with me, too, and we partnered for the 200m runs.  I did 4 rounds, and she did 5.  I ran hard.  I usually wimp out into a jog, but I kept my pace up, pretty well.  Matt noticed that I was using a better format to run.  One of the many reasons I love Crossfit is the fact that the coaches actually coach, and they coach everyone.  At a gym, I would feel lost and totally independent, but at this box, it's a team.

Ate well, today. Ate consciously.  Didn't overeat at all.  Needed more water.

Slow process, but I'm getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment