Apr 9, 2014

SUNS OUT, GUNS OUT!

Next nutrition challenge at Crossfit Cornerstone is called, "Suns out, guns out!" (or "Sexy in 60" if you so wish).  It's a point system.  These are the rules:

It's a 60-day, points based challenge that begins April 1st and commences May 31st. Winner receives a pair of Reebok OLY shoes or Nanos of their choosing.
...
Here's how you get points:
1. Snap a before pic and post it to the Cornerstone Members page on Facebook (Not in the group? Let us know!) or privately email CrossFitCornerstone@gmail.com. 5 points.
2. Post a photo of every meal you eat to the Cornerstone Members Facebook page. 1 photo = 1 point.
3. Every hour you workout at CrossFit Cornerstone = 1 point. Hours calculated by the electronic check in system at the front door.
4. Last week of the challenge snap an After pic and post it to Cornerstone Members Facebook page or email privately to CrossFitCornerstone@gmail.com. 5 points.


Now you know the rules, we're going to help give you a boost during the Challenge! For 60 days we're offering a 6 AM Bootcamp class on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.

So, there's that.  I am slowly getting into the swing of things.  You can post pictures of whatever kind of meal you had, but it does keep me from posting pics of "bad food."  I still snack in between the three meals (sometimes on pizza or oreos!), but at least 3 substantial meals are good.  My week one looked like this:


 For the first week, eggs was breakfast a lot of the time.  Even smiley eggs!



 Kale salad for lunch got old.  But Tabbouleh from Trader Joe's didn't!

 
Convinced my dad to use sweet potato noodles in some recipes at his restaurant, so I could still enjoy some of my favorites.  They're not real noodles, but they get the fix in!


Some nights I got lazy and had veggie blend smoothies from Smoothie King, instead.  Especially after 730pm workouts!


This sad day was free meals at an all day scrapbook event.  Kind of a splurge day.

 
This was the first day's dinner on 4/1/14.  Organic steak, baby zucchini with butternut squash, mushrooms, and onions (that I overcooked) and Against the Grain bread with Kerrygold butter.

 
Chipotle, pot stickers, butternut squash with eggs, tabbouleh with gluten free crackers, kale salad. 

 
Hard to see, but ice cream from Aglamesis Brothers, noodles and wontons, Hong Kong style from my dad's restaurant, and remnants of scrambled eggs.

 
First day's breakfast of organic eggs (still not sure which ones are the best to buy.  I should just go to the farm, really!), avocado, and Wholly salsa.
 
 
I only got two points for going to the gym, but so be it.  I did submit a before picture, which I will post at the end of the challenge, regardless of how close I still look to it.  It's like a Biggest Loser picture. :o)
 
Aside from this challenge, I have also started going to a Bible study at Crossfit Cornerstone (a lot of the members also go to the same church) that focuses on the life of Jesus Christ and was precedented by a viewing of "Son of God".  It was a pretty cheesy movie to say the least.  But I liked the stories within it.  I have some religious study background, having gone to Catholic school for 13 years, but I am not myself, Catholic, or associated with any church, for that matter.  I felt like I needed that background to understand the movie, mostly.  I am really enjoying getting to look at the human side of Jesus and the struggle that the disciples went through to be faithful to Him and to completely change their lives.
 
It gives me good motivation and inspiration to examine my own life and how I choose to conduct and regard myself and others.  It has really opened my eyes to how judgment influences opinion, empathy, choosing to do what's difficult, taking risks, and so on.  I really miss this type of examination of religious texts.  Perhaps when I feel up to it, I will explore options for Torah and Quran study in the area.
 
Life is good.  Life is busy.  Strength is growing.
 
Another update next week.
 

2 comments:

  1. Okay, all those pics of food have made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was like, "Who's Jennifer G?" They make me hungry, too, and I already ate all of that. :)

      Delete