Jan 11, 2013

"Happiness" from "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown!"

"Happiness"

This song always reminds to be grateful for the little things and to look on the bright side of life.  I usually am the one getting on people's nerves because I'm unwaveringly optimistic about things, and I experienced being the annoyed one at Crossfit last night!  The instructor, Ashley is super nice and motivating, and temporarily peeved as she shouted, "The good news is you're almost halfway there!" or "This is your last station of torture!"  always with a smile on her face.  In all actuality, I very much appreciate her relentless positive attitude and inner cheerleader, because it was tough.  I had to skip a couple of classes due to sickness, work, etc, but was very glad to be back.  And I am ready to start seeing results and feeling stronger, which I am confident will happen in a few weeks.  My eating habits have cleaned up, and I got the junk food binges out of my system (for the mean time!).  Just like everyone else, 2013 is time for a new and improved Angie!

Workout of the Day:

A.M.R.A.P.s (as many rounds as possible) with 1 minute breaks

4 minutes of sit-ups
4 minutes of step-ups
4 minutes of double unders (jumping rope in some fashion)
4 minutes of pull-ups (or jump ups)
4 minutes of kettle bell swings

Followed by Takata (sp?) method of exercise, which consisted of 8 rounds of 20 second planks and 10 second rest breaks.

I admittedly took more breaks, but I finished all of it.  Very uplifting to have done so.  And  I had the best night of sleep I had had this whole week!  Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment